Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
ASSISTANT F&B DIRECTOR
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Assistant F&B Director to join our F&B team. The F&B team is responsible for exceeding the wishes of our guests and works together in professional teams. Hotel Okura Amsterdam has five restaurants, of which “Ciel Bleu Restaurant” is awarded with two Michelin stars and “Yamazato Restaurant” is awarded with one Michelin star. “Sazanka Restaurant” is well-known in Amsterdam and surroundings, “Le Camelia” is opened daily for breakfast and can be booked for lunches and diners on request. “Serre Restaurant” is inspired by Ciel Bleu and is opened daily from 10 a.m until 10 p.m, offering both lunch and diner. Besides our excellent restaurants, Hotel Okura Amsterdam features two hotel bars (of which the Twenty Third Bar was named the best cocktail bar in the Netherlands), nineteen banqueting rooms and a culinary centre.
In this position you will work in close cooperation with our Deputy General Manager in charge of F&B and a second Assistant F&B Director. Together you are responsible for overseeing and directing Banquet (operations), Kitchens, Restaurants, Bars, In-Room Dining/Minibar, Stewarding, Restaurant Reservations and any other Food and/or Beverage related area operated by Hotel Okura Amsterdam.
As Assistant F&B Director you are (co)responsible for guiding, developing and coaching approximately 20 department heads and 220 employees. It is a challenging and versatile position within the biggest F&B hotel in the Netherlands.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assisting and replacing the Deputy General Manager in charge of F&B in case of absence
• (Co) responsible for daily operation and organisational management of the Food & Beverage department
• (Partly) responsible for HR related processes such as hour registration, payroll and sickness
• Hiring, training and empowerment of personnel and coaching and counselling of performance including mid- and end year conversations and personal development plans
• Controlling operational costs in the different outlets and stimulating Sales activities
• Exercise quality control/improvement for both food and beverage aiming to maintain or increase Michelin stars/Bib Gourmand, high culinary level and exceed Leading Quality Assurance by Leading Hotels of the World
• Performing daily walk-through to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations (HACCP) and Hotel Okura Amsterdam standards
• Ensure an open and clear communication between the F&B outlets
• Co-ordinate food and beverage operations with other hotel departments to ensure efficient guest service
• Ensure conference details and logistics are communicated efficiently and effectively between the clients, the C&E managers and the operational departments
• Ensure smooth and efficient events through flawless co-ordination of each group
• Ensure guest satisfaction at all times by guiding and training team members on proper policies and procedures
• Create a cooperative and harmonious work environment conducive to maximum employee moral and productivity
• Provide each guest with 5* quality service by adhering to the standard of service required by the hotel in accordance with the hotels policies, procedures and objectives (align with the standards of Leading Hotels of the World)
• Assist each guest, co-worker and vendor efficiently, courteously and professionally and lead by example
• Familiar with and performs according to the hotel’s vision and mission statement
• Participating in Management Duty shifts
Besides a service- and guest oriented attitude you employ excellent communicative skills. You are representative, proactive and have an eye for quality and detail.
• You employ all-round demonstrated management experience and the ability to interact with a large and diverse team
• You employ proven leadership skills
• You have relevant work experience within the field of Hospitality (minimum of 2-3 years in an (assistant) operations management position or higher within a similar operation)
• Knowledge of our POS systems and Opera is an advantage
• You show analytical skills
• You are sales minded
• You have a passion for Guest service
• Decision making and judgement
• External awareness
• Organizational leadership
• Planning and organizing
• Financial awareness
• Coaching and motivating
• Openness and transparency
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
Offered Salary Dutch collective Labour Agreement
Experience 2-3 years
Languages Dutch and English
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is part of the Okura Hotels & Resorts and exclusive member of The Leading Hotel of the World. Working at the Okura means working in a large, diverse and international team. Personal development and growth are key elements. A training manager and training programs are implemented to accomplish personal development.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Would you like to be part of Okura’s experienced and enthusiastic team? Contact us at:
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Attn. Aniël van der Poorten
Ferdinand Bolstraat 333
1072 LH, Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 678 79 82
F: +31 (0)20 678 79 84
Or call +31(0)20 678 7111